Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I have the 2nd and 3rd grade crafts for vacation bible school this summer. The theme is Joseph, from prison to the palace so we are making flip flop scrapbooks.

I found the weaved looking flip flops at a rummage sale. I cut the thong part off and threaded jute through the holes so the kids can put wooden beads on it. The stamping is hirogliphics (I can't spell it sorry). We are using small stamps as "symbols" for the letters in Joseph. You can see where I messed one up on my example. I'm using stazon ink so the mess up is permanent! I'm going to have the kids cut out a piece to match the flip flop to cover the knots on the back and we will hot glue that down for them. They will have to cut out the pages and stamp a journaling spot on it so they can write in about what they "learned" at bible school. I'm going to have my daughter take pictures and we will quickly print them out so they can include pictures if they want. I have the backs already cut out of chipboard and they will cover that with some neutral patterned paper.....yes, I found a good way to get rid of ugly paper!!

The books will be tied together the last day with more jute. I will print them off a "bookplate" for the inside cover with the theme, name of the church and dates for them to adhere.

I'm getting everything gathered up this evening as VBS starts tomorrow night!! I hope the kids enjoy the scrapbooks cuz they have actually been kind of fun to put together!

1 comment:

  1. That scrapbook is the cutest VBS craft I've seen in a while!! I'm going to save that idea!!

    ReplyDelete