Sunday, July 4, 2010

All we can do is pray.....

It just seems so unfair......my son lost a classmate and friend today. He would have been 15 tomorrow (okay, it is almost today). His parents were friends of ours back in the day but seems like the busyness of life had pulled us in different directions. It doesn't make the heartache we feel for them any less though. We understand the road life has sent them down and the need for a deep abiding faith over the next few years....yes, years. The heartache doesn't subside in days, weeks, or months. It doesn't go away.....EVER. People think that after a few weeks your life should go back to normal....but it never does. You just come to accept the new "normal" that is your life. You realize, after losing a child, that you are never really in control of anything....God controls our lives and the only thing that gets us from day to day is belief in him and his plan. I'll never understand it. Some days I don't know if I'll ever truly accept it as there being a reason for his actions. But I do have faith that those days when I didn't think I could put one foot in front of the other, he was there, picking me up by my ankles and helping me to walk....to the bathroom, the closet for clothes, the vehicle to go to work, and to the refrigerator for food I knew I needed to eat. As I watch yet another family go through this in less than 7 months, I can only pray that God helps them put one foot in front of the other and make it from one spot to another, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day.

Please keep Curtis's family in your thoughts and prayer for the coming days, weeks, months, and beyond as they adjust to the loss of one they loved so dearly. The heartache they will have to endure can be absolutely crushing at times and it will take prayer, faith, and trust in God to get through each and every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment