Friday, July 22, 2011

Design Team Layout

I'm not sure I ever formally announced it but I actually made a DESIGN TEAM. Thank you to Jill at The Scrapaholic for accepting me to her sketch team. I missed the first sketch because of vacation (and the playground) but I did get the layout finished up last night.


Here is the sketch she gave us to work with.....




I don't know about you guys but I've never started with a sketch and had the layout coming out looking like the sketch but I LOVE using them as a starting point. I flipped this sketch since it fit my pictures better and instead of using all the ribbon, I went with leaves since it fit the subject in my pictures better but stayed with the overall layout in the sketch.



The journaling hasn't been finished yet because I want to sit down with Jake about what he wants it to say. These are pictures taken when the class went to the home of a class member who was killed in a tractor accident and planted a tree for the family. I really feel like he needs to give me input on what to journal on this page.

If you like the sketch and want to join in on the fun, Jill is sponsoring a challenge on her blog that you can participate in. Join us at www.thescrapoholic.blogspot.com starting Saturday, July 23rd and share your layout with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment